Way2oz Migration Services

Providing personalised guidance to onshore and offshore applicants to successfully migrate to Australia.

Health Insurance

Australian healthcare is one of the best in the world. It provides quality and safe healthcare. The system offers a wide range of services, from population health and prevention to general practice, emergency health services and hospital care.

General Practitioners (GPs) and Emergency Departments (EDs) act as the main gateways to all health services, including diagnostic lab tests and specialist consultations.


General Practice (GPs)

GPs are your first point of contact for most health issues. Nurses, dentists and pharmacists support them. While most GPs are only open during business hours, there are many clinics, so-called "Super Clinics", that provide extended service hours.

Emergency Departments (EDs)

EDs are accessed by patients who need urgent medical assistance. Most hospitals, both private and public, operate emergency departments. EDs are supported by paramedics who are primarily responsible for responding to emergency patient calls and patient transfers.

Why do migrants need health insurance cover?

Accessing medical services can be very expensive if you are not an Australian Permanent Resident or citizen. If you require medical attention in Australia, whether in an emergency or non-emergency situation, you will be charged for all hospital, ambulance and doctor fees and have high costs to pay.


This is where Overseas Health coverage can assist in reducing your out-of-pocket expenses. Some visa categories, such as Overseas Visitor visa, Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417), Student Visa (Subclass 500), Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) and Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482), require you to have a health insurance policy to cover your stay in Australia. Where your visa doesn't require Overseas Health Cover, but you may want to consider Visitors Cover to ensure you'll be covered for the cost of medical treatment if you get sick or have an accident, giving greater peace of mind for your temporary stay in Australia. This cover is provided by a number of private providers, each having a subtle variance in the level of cover and premium to be paid.


Here at Way2Oz Migration Services, we can assist you in understanding these covers in detail and get you a competitive quote from leading providers.


What is Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)?

It is mandatory for an overseas student on a temporary student visa to have Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of their stay. However, Norway, Sweden, or Belgium students might not have to obtain OSHC (subject to eligibility). If the applicant does not provide proof of paid suitable health coverage with their visa application, their visa application will be refused. Moreover, you must buy health insurance for any family member accompanying you on the same visa application. The OSHC covers the cost of hospital and medical treatment. The benefits are also paid for ambulance services. As an authorised agent of well-known Australian health coverage providers, Way2Oz can help you get the appropriate coverage at competitive prices.

Apply overseas insurance today!


What is the Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)?

It is a health insurance cover designed for visitors coming to Australia who does not have access to Australia's public healthcare system. It insures the visa holder against potential expenses they may incur if they require medical or hospital treatment. OVHC is a mandatory requirement for a range of work and visitor visas when coming to Australia. The OVHC policy covers hospital costs, ambulance costs in case of emergency, medical expenses, doctor or specialist services, and prescribed medicine costs (basic medicines not covered).

What are the benefits of overseas health cover?

Emergency Ambulance 

Need urgent medical attention? Call a paramedic to attend to the incident without worrying about high costs.


Reduce your out-of-pocket expenses for hospital treatment and admission. 

Visa Compliant

If you hold a Student Visa (subclass 500) or Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485), it is your visa condition to maintain appropriate health coverage for the duration of your stay.


You can visit a GP for the most common illnesses/ medical issues.

How can Way2Oz help you  get health insurance coverage?

We at Way2Oz have partnered with multiple health insurance providers and offer our customers a wide range of health insurance products. We compare every health insurance policy to ensure our customers get the best policy with the most features at competitive prices. We provide detailed information about each policy to enable you to pick the best policy as per your unique needs. To get an OSHC/OVHC get in touch with our team today!

contact usbook appointment

Providing personalised guidance to onshore and offshore applicants to successfully migrate to Australia.

Reach Us

Suite 3.10, 101 Overton Road, Williams Landing, Vic 3027, Australia